But, here goes:
- Sand North wall in the kitchen and paint-- Not done- but we are planning to do the whole kitchen remodel in March- we'll do all the mess at once!
- Finish kitchen island-- see above
- Finish work on upstairs bathroom-- Not done (sigh....)
- Plan and begin construction on deck-- DONE- phase one is complete, we'll continue next summer
- Sort closet and donate clothes to Goodwill- DONE
- SELL HOUSE IN TOWN!!!-- DONE, DONE and DONE!!!!! Can it really be just this year that we sold it? Wow....
- Replace septic system --DONE
- Complete raised beds -- One done for the strawberries
- Construct herb spiral-- Not Done- the septic didn't get done in time for this.
- Draw master permaculture plan- Ongoing
- Plant apple trees- DONE and a pear tree
- Plant apricot and/or cherry trees-- DONE- well. actually, bush apricots and cherries
- Replant strawberries into raised bed-- DONE
- Add another blueberry bush or two-- DONE
- Remove fence between yard and meadow-- DONE
- Build three bin compost pile- Not done
- Once again, get in better shape.-- NOPE- I just recently started really giving this some attention
- Learn a new skill or two. OK, I'll confess- this is the knitting goal again- NOPE- I didn't make the time for knitting- but I did learn lots of other skills.
- Complete CEUs. - DONE- my license for the state is done but I have National certification to renew in January.
- Spend more quality time with V. --Actually, we did pretty well.
Food production/security: At least 2 local meals a week.-- We didn't do too bad at this one- It was easier in the summer but with more local meat in the freezer makes it easier. I need to be more conscious of making meals more local but probably some portion of just about every meal is local.
Try our hand at making wine.--This one wasn't a firm goal- good thing because it didn't happen.
The three R's: I want to continue to repurpose and recycle as much as we can.-- Yup, we are still being quite frugal and try to be responsible in our purchases.
I also had a goal to complete one quilt- yeah, that didn't happen this year. Oh well, it gives me something to aspire to for next year.
We were extremely busy this year and there were many, many more things we got done this year that weren't actual goals. The basement is nearly finished- part of the reason the upstairs didn't get done. The upstairs, while not completely finished, is livable while the basement wasn't. So, I think that counts. All in all, not a bad year.
Now to put on my thinking cap for next year. Hmmm... Kitchen plans are definitely on the table...