Sunday, December 22, 2013

Finally!

The Winter Solstice is behind us!  Finally the days will start getting longer.  I, for one, can't wait!  This dark time of year is always so hard for me.  But, we have been working to fill it with love and light.
My darling baby girl came home from college this week.  She managed to fly in between storm systems.  Whew!
We have had ice, we have had snow.  We've had cold weather with colder to come in the next few days.  But, it's winter so what else should I expect.
We had a gathering of friends last night.  Sadly, because of illness and the impending snow storm, we had fewer than we had hoped, but we still had a lovely time during the longest night of the year.   We sent most everyone home early when it started snowing because the roads were quickly becoming treacherous.  But still, we had a great time.
This morning, it is a winter wonderland out there. It looks like we got about 6 inches.  But the sun is shining this morning so soon it will be time to dig out.

But for right now... it's quiet.  There is hardly any traffic on the highway outside and every one is still asleep.
I think I'll go get a cup of coffee and enjoy the peace and quiet....

Whatever holidays you celebrate, may they be filled with love, light and joy.


2 comments:

  1. And warmth. I'm wishing everyone to stay warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Shug and I were just commenting tonight about how the days are getting a bit longer. Love the longer days. Love it when the sun shines too.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.