Saturday, June 21, 2014

Another fun, run day!

It was a beautiful morning for a run!  This time, it was a bigger team.  We named ourselves The Gimp Squad due to the various injuries many of us have.  Justine screen printed shirts for us all and we were ready to Run or Dye!
See, we're all white, shiny and clean!

The team consisted of my three children and myself,  Justine's fiance (James), his two brothers and their mom.  A good time was had by all!  In this particular race, you run (or walk, or skip, or generally be silly) through the 5k course where there are 'dye stations' where you are pelted with cornstarch based dye powder.  

James and his little brother wheelbarrow their way through the orange station.

 A kiss in the pink!

 At the finish line.  

 Justine

 Karl (now he's 14!!) doing the rock star look!

 Ian (now 17!)
 Me!  Not sure how to act in front of the camera!

James, my future son-in-law.

After a bit more playing in the dye and dancing, this was the final effect!

Poor Vernon missed the fun.  He has two articles due on Monday morning so it is a work weekend for him.    That, and he's not really into this sort of thing...

2 comments:

  1. Well, I think I'd have to be in with the "Gimp" Squad and you'd be wating o me, but it did look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, you all have the most fun running of anyone I've ever known - virtually or not!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.