Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A happy day garden update

It was such a beautiful day today. I'm amazed at how exhausted I feel after the good news we had this morning. I did get to spend a few hours working outside. The boys and I raked grass and mulched more of the garden. And we had some firsts:
The first red currants. Not many but TASTY!
The Galeux d'Eysines pumpkins are up.
A few peas but not ready yet...
These are the weirdest peas I've ever seen- LOTS of tendrils, not many leaves.
There are tiny tomatoes hiding in there!
Alma Paprika is the first pepper.
Yeah, I know, I was supposed to pick them off this year....
Our first chinese cabbage- it's HUGE
J16 camps it up with the cabbage.
It's bigger than her head!

Now for a celebration dinner. Local brats from the farmer's market... and I think, maybe some cabbage!

5 comments:

  1. Stress makes you so tired. I'm sure you'll be feeling a lot bettter and more rested in a few days. Your cabbage IS huge. wow! The pretty little currents look like little jewels! Your garden harvest will be so good this summer! lucky you!...entedcor ...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, that is actually a very pretty pic of the daughter, it is going to attract all the foodie/horticulture boys and you are going to have to shoo them off with a pitchfork! Those currants look beautiful, I have never tried one. And you have a PEPPER ALREADY? Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for good news. I was just checking in to see how you've been doing.

    The garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy,

    Great news! I am very happy and relieved for you guys.

    I love that the photo of your daughter has insulation in the background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for your good news. I was thinking of you on Wed. I know that the relief of the worry and stress can be a huge drain-no wonder you are exhausted. Hopefully you have had a good few days to catch up on everything.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.