Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thankful- part 1

We are creeping up on Thanksgiving Day here in the US. A good time to reflect on what we are thankful in life. So, I'm hoping to post a little every day this week about what I am thankful for in my life. I've been feeling quite whiney lately so this will help.
First and foremost, I am thankful for my family. My darling husband who has been with me for more than half of my life at this point. Where would I be without him. He has strength, both of character and of spirit as well as physical strength and knowledge to keep us going on all the work that has been done on this house and farm.
And where do I start with my children. They are brilliant, creative, self assured creatures that I am truly blessed to have. And, even at 16, Justine is not ashamed to go shopping with her mother and have lunch at the mall- in sight of everyone (gasp!)
I am also thankful for our pets. They bring a richness to our lives. Chase the deer from the garden and catch mice in the house. They also are loyal, loving companions who are great to snuggle with on a cold night.
I am truly blessed to still have my parents. They are both in their 80's now and still going strong. They have contributed so much to my knowledge and love of life that it is a debt I can never repay.
I am also blessed to have loving siblings, nieces and nephews, all who "get along", which I have learned is not always the norm in life.
Tomorrow I'll find a few more things to be thankful for.

5 comments:

  1. You are truly blessed! I love this time of year because it gives us all an opportunity to count our (many) blessings! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice thought to spread the thankfulness over the week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your Post. Maybe that's something we might all do. I am thankful for so many things too. ...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you and the ones you love have a wonderful Thanksgiving, I have really enjoyed your blog this year, looking forward to seeing what comes next.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.