The southwest corner of the barn took the most damage-
On my way back to the house from my walkabout, I got this shot of the tree in the barnyard/garden. You can barely see the barn behind the downed tree:
Beginning to clear the limbs:
We got most of the tree cleared:
Finally, a look at the damage:
We knew we needed to re-do the roof on the barn, it just wasn't in the plans for this summer. When we redo the roof, we want to change the roof line so we can have big windows on the south wall of the loft. Part of the conversion to a passive solar building. We're not ready to do that yet. My guess is that we will do a patch job for now until we're ready to completely raise the roof.
All in all, we got off lucky. The house didn't sustain any damage, the garden is fine and we are all well.