Saturday, October 27, 2012

Whew

What a week it has been.  Definitely a week of good, bad and ugly!
We've had trips to the ER (don't worry, everyone is OK), my brother had surgery, another friend was hospitalized in critical condition, and I had my conference in Des Moines- all in the space of three days!  But, we survived it all and everyone is on the mend.  I've been trying to keep up with my workouts to get zombie ready although I missed two days due to the conference.
I am still doing pretty well with my Independence days challenge as well.  A very quick update:
Plant something- Not a thing
Harvest something-Broccoli, kale, chard, lettuce, radishes, spinach, eggs.  Not too bad for the end of October.
Preserve something-  Froze a bit more broccoli soup.  That's about it other than the preservation of my sanity once again.
Waste not-  The usual recycling, repurposing, composting and scraps to chickens.
Want not- umm.... nothing.  Oh, wait, I did stock up on a few things at Aldi's last Sunday and got some chicken feed while it was on sale.
Eat the food- Tonight it is enchiladas with homemade sauce with salads from the greenhouse.  Hurrah!
Build community-  Eggs to work but I think that's the end for a while since I've only got two hens laying (Zeva and Micah)
Skill up- not much unless you count finding my way around downtown Des Moines.

I'm really hoping that this coming week is much, much calmer.  I don't think I can handle another week like this last one.

And to all of you in the path of Hurricane Sandy (that includes Justine!!) please stay safe!!

5 comments:

  1. "Whew" is right! I am catching up on blog reading and you my dear, have posted more than anyone else on my reader LOL! I bet Justine loves that, being able to see what you are up to every day. You have been busy and lots of good things going on! I hope your hubs gets his freelance thing and it works out well and the 5k - cool!!! Funny I read this now, just tuned in to cheesy SyFy channel to watch Zombie Apocolypse LOL. But hey, zombie prepping is the reason we are ready to face Hurricane Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like it :) it's nice to know what's going on back home. Speaking of going on back home WTF happened with the ER trip????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send your eldest brother an email and talk to him.

      Delete
  3. Wow Judy. You sure are a strong person. I hope that everything settles down for you! And that everybody stays safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy as a bee as usual,me ,I thought my life could not get any crazier,my DIL ,the one with a mental illness hit a new low ,she put a hit out on my son,police are involved ,we will see have a good week,no hurricanes for us,I don't think I would live through it

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.