Happy Days for giving me this lovely award. She seems to think I'm stylish. Debbie is a wonderful lady and seems to keep herself always busy with her grandgirls, redecorating and living her life to the fullest. If you haven't stopped by to visit her, I encourage you to do so.
So, apparently, I'm supposed to share 10 things that you may or may not know about me (or want to know). Here goes:
1. I've been in 49/50 states of this lovely country of ours. Somehow I've always managed to miss Louisiana in my travels.
2. I'm allergic to lanolin, which makes keeping sheep out out of the question for us- I couldn't handle them without my skin falling off. NOT pleasant.
3. I'm also allergic to anise. I love the flavor but a round of nausea and vomiting isn't worth it.
4. I'm actually pretty disorganized. My desk is organized chaos... but I know where things are.
5. I could easily be a vegetarian but I live in a home with three avowed omnivores who won't give up their meat.
6. I have three college degrees. One undergrad degree and two graduate degrees. I'm also on my third career.
7. I love to travel and have been to Europe and the Philippines when I was younger.
8. I lived on a dairy farm in western New York (near Attica) for 6 months when I was in high school.
9. I took 10 years of piano lessons and would LOVE to get a piano if I could just figure out where to put it.
10. I waited until I was over 30 to have children. Even though our oldest is now 16 (almost 17!) we will celebrate out 25th anniversary in May. My family had given up on us ever having children. Then we had three. Go figure. We just waited until the time was right- well, at least better.
Now for the hard part. I'm supposed to pass this on. I always HATE having to choose because there are so many bloggers out there that deserve this. But, if I have to choose one, I'm going to have to go with Erin at Garden Now, Think Later. She demonstrates tremendous style and composure. I'm not sure I could have survived having a hubby deployed overseas and being left home with two active boys to tend house and garden on my own- at least not with my sanity still intact. My hat is off to her. Maybe some of her organizational skill will eventually rub off.