Sunday, December 16, 2012

She's HOME!

My little girl made it home from college yesterday afternoon.  And what an ordeal she had.  Well, I guess it is an ordeal if you count being stuck in an airport with a delayed flight for hours as an ordeal.  She had no trouble getting to the airport in Philadelphia, getting through security or catching her first flight.  She made the connection in Chicago but sadly, her flight out of O'Hare had some sort of engine trouble and was delayed. They finally brought in a different airplane and 187 minutes late, they took off.

It's great to have her home, we all piled on the couch in the basement and had family movie night last night (although she fell asleep, the poor thing had been up really early!)
Now on to the festivities of putting up the Christmas tree, baking cookies and wrapping gifts.  Maybe it will start to feel more like the holidays now.

I'm working on another sewing project but more on that later...

3 comments:

  1. I remember those days, snuggle time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Enjoy her and I know you were hugging her extra tightly this past weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.