Saturday, September 7, 2013

Eat local- I missed a day

So...Yeah... I didn't post my photo from yesterday.  I was distracted... and my laptop battery died... and... there was a bottle of wine and...  well, you know.  It just didn't happen.
But, here is yesterday's submission to the Eat local contest.
A simple Caprese salad.  Classic summer yumminess!
Heirloom tomatoes (Amana Orange, German Pink and Black Krim) and basil from the garden.
Cheese curds from Twin County Dairy, Kalona, IA
Basil and sun-dried tomato infused olive oil from Pickle Creek Herbal

Absolutely delicious.

Ian and I went to the farmer's market this morning and picked up a few things.  A few potatoes for dinner tonight since I didn't plant any this year, a few beans since mine are done and some chevre.  Mmm....

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! And hey... we all know what happens when there is a bottle of wine involved. Usually not what we planned. :)

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.