Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A good family night

We just had a lovely family evening!  Fun, relaxing family time is so necessary, at least I think so, for mental health and good family relationships.  Tonight after I got home from work, we had fun in the pool for about an hour and a half (after chicken chores), came in for a quick dinner of burgers with great slabs of fresh tomatoes and sat down to watch a movie.
A few days ago I had declared tonight a mandatory family movie night to watch the 1935 movie "The Scarlet Pimpernel".  Just like when we made the children sit down to watch Captain Blood years ago, they moaned a bit and then were enthralled.  Of course, now they're all going to be walking around with affected British accents saying "Sink Me!"  But it's so worth it.  Building family memories that will be with them forever can never be taken for granted.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds so absolutely perfect! I had to laugh at your description of the aftermath. I agree - family time, good family time, is so very important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my grandson is walking around with a astralian accent-he thinks he wants to live there

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.