Thursday, October 15, 2009

Time off

for baseball!
Kris, aka Hickchick over at A Small Life, posted about feeling frustrated with the amount of time spent in the kitchen, feeling like it's no longer fun. I've been feeling the same way. So tonight I'm taking some time off to watch baseball.
Baseball??? Yup, it's the only professional sport I enjoy watching. I don't know why, but I do. And to top it off, the Phillies are playing in the National League Championships (against the Dodgers). Being married to a guy who grew up in Eastern Pennsylvania (and also a baseball fan) and having lived there for a few years, I have become a Phillies fan. Ok, I like the Chicago Cubs as well- but face it- they didn't have a great season.
So, it's the bottom of the 4th of game 1, the Dodgers are at bat and it's 0-1 Dodgers in the lead. sigh. But it's early days yet.
Don't worry, I haven't lost it, I did make dinner, clean up and do a load of laundry this evening so I'm not a total slacker.

6 comments:

  1. Judy, enjoy your "time off" although it doesn't really qualify for that I don't think. Real time off would be a weekend at a spa, or a week in Hawaii.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all should take time off. We lived in Eastern Penn. We lived in Bath, Pa for 2 years...2 of my kids were born at Allentown Hospital....My daughter is a Penguins fan for the hockey team in Pa.. Take time and enjoy the game....Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally -- I think you take what you can get!!! I think an evening on the couch is delightful!!

    Some days I think the kitchen is almost my prison... and I LOVE to cook. Its just when we choose our lifestyle .... the kitchen became the center.

    Yea .... take the break. You need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Judy! The dishes (substitute chore of choice here) will still be there in the morning, time lost doesn't come back to us.
    Glad I could be of help :)
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo hoo for you! The chores will still be there.....lately I've been enjoying nascar and football - go figure:)
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too, have a diversion! I have reclaimed my love of reading. I am tired of cooking and cleaning and have a bad habit of being very OCD and never relaxing! My new idea is that every time I feel like I need to clean random stuff, I will read a book instead. My way of training myself that's it's "okay" to let things go every once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.