Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Looking up

Things are looking up on the home front. V is feeling a bit better already- after only 2 days of antibiotics. The sun was shining this afternoon. And, when V and I went to the house in town to shovel the walks (we had about an inch and a half of snow yesterday- with wind!!) there were fresh footprints in the snow. Someone had been by to look at the house. And, we had a call from our realtor. There are 4 showings scheduled between now and the end of the week. Hurrah! Hopefully something will come through for us. This makes me even more glad we turned down that offer we had over the weekend. Something better is in store- I can just feel it (either that or it's the warm cat on my lap!).
We had a brief meeting at work today to clarify schedules. Our new therapist started with us this week (I had done some orientation with her a week or so ago) so assignments are being shuffled. I'm actually ending up being the "jack (or jill) of all trades" I'm doing lots of coverage when people are off or have conflicts. And I'm picking up most of the cognitive evaluations that we do for placement purposes. It's a jumble of stuff and rarely the same thing every day but it won't be dull, that's for sure! At least I have a set schedule of group coverage so I know somewhat of what I'll be doing in a day.
I need to sit down with my calendar and start plotting out planting dates for things. Unfortunately, the weekend when I would probably be setting things out in the garden we will be out of town for my niece's wedding in Colorado. Maybe I can schedule a few days off after we get back to plant and recover from the wedding. Of course, looking at all the ice and snow out there, it's hard to believe that it will ever warm up. It's been forever since I've seen the grass- even cold and brown!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! 4 showings this week is great! Hope someone falls in love and writes a great cash offer!! Glad to hear V is feeling better and it sounds like your going to be pretty busy until everyone gets their schedule down. Sounds like your going to be a busy woman, trips to Denver, and trying to get things planted! Ah! the kids can help! We had snow today but it's already melted! yea!...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 showings! That's awesome..

    Glad that V is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your busy but productive!! Hope that house sells fast so you can move on to focusing on the things that you love. Sending some Florida sunshine rays your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear about the activity and interest in the house. I think you are right, good things are in store for you there. Spring is coming, and people are now more apt to think about moving and home purchases. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you! And glad V is feeling better. I'll look into the probiotic thing for you. I am also itching to start the garden. I guess that what keeps us going in these cold winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad V is feeling better - Todd has trouble with sinus infections all of the time. And that is great news on the house - let's hope something comes of it
    kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok...the probiaotics should be taken with the antibiotics. Leave a 2-3 hour window between though. There's evidence that without normal "friendly" bacteria in the digestive tract, our immune system wouldn't function properly, and we would be less resistant to harmful bugs. Start taking probiotics twice a day with meals as soon as you begin taking antibiotics and continue for a few days after completing the course of antibiotics. Hope this helps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb- Thanks for the information! He has been eating yogurt twice a day (afternoon and evening) since he takes his ABX in the morning. So far so good. I'm going to try to pick up something a bit more potent this evening on my way back from taking I12 to choir practice.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.