Here goes for this week:
1. Plant something- Peas, onions, chard, radishes, lettuce, beets and broccoli. Oh, and I transplanted 12 black raspberries and 16 golden ones from our old house to the new. Whew!
2. Harvest something- Only chives. J14 and I were talking about trying to make violet jelly- we have a TON of violets at the new house. We have lots here but not nearly as many.
3. Preserve something- Nope- but thinking about jelly.
4. Reduce waste- Did pretty bad on this front again. We did use cloth bags at the store, recycle and compost as usual. We've been using cloth bags for so long that we don't have plastic grocery bags in the house anymore. In fact, when I transplanted our raspberries I wanted to put them in plastic grocery bags for transport. I actually had to bring some home from our stash at work to use. I did save them and will reuse them to transplant more things as we go.
5. Preparation and storage- Other than working on the new house and garden, not much else. We're trying to NOT stockpile anything else new since we would just have to move it. I did move 6 dozen canning jars out to the new place and stored them (off the ground) in the barn for now.
6. Build Community food systems- Um, not really. One of my coworkers was hitting me up for any spare produce that I may have this summer. She is the one who is going to Brazil on a mission trip this summer and will be taking some of our old toys along with her. Since she will be gone for a while she isn't planting anything at her house.
7. Eat the food- Yup. Tonight's dinner was turkey and noodles with turkey I canned in January, dried carrots and celery from last year's garden. We're trying to eat mostly from stores- although it has taken a bit more planning to make it work with all the house work we're doing.
That's it for a bit. I've gotta go. I'll try to do a Seed to Seed update tomorrow.