My parents are coming up tomorrow to help us again. I think they're expecting to paint so I need to make sure I have things here ready to start painting upstairs- either the woodwork or the walls in the boys' room.
But now down to Monday business and my IDC update.
1. Plant something- nope, I need to get my beans and sweet corn planted and my garden is an absolutely weedy mess.
2. Harvest something- a few chives and the first tiny radishes. I noticed this afternoon that my lettuce is getting almost big enough to start picking a few leaves. It really took off with the warm weather.
3. Preserve something- No.
4. Reduce waste- the usuals: cloth bags, compost and recycle. Plus we are repurposing one of the sink bases from the basement for our upstairs bathroom remodel.
5. Prep and storage- Ummm, Not sure. Right now we are so focused on getting this move underway and still trying to fix up two houses that I don't have much time for anything else. I did manage to pull together all my collection of candles and pack them into one box for the move. I've also been able to sort through my collection of plastic containers. And I discovered a stash of party plates that I'd forgotten about. I've been looking over my kitchen and pantry storage spaces and trying to figure out where things will go. I've got so much more storage than I'm used to that I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it all... but, oh, the possibilities....
6. Community food systems. No- I didn't manage to get to the farmer's market. But I did find out from my brother (who dropped off more boxes for us today) that he has a bunch of 'super secret tomato seedlings' and he will give me a few.
7. Eat the food- I've hardly been shopping all week. We've been eating out of stores except for milk, eggs and cheese. I still need to sit down and figure out the week's menu so I have a clue what I'm doing.