But, it's Monday, and time for my IDC update.
1. Plant something- Lets see, a few more tomatoes, sweet peppers, herbs, wildflowers and some flowers for the Goth Garden.. So far I've got the tomatoes, marjoram and summer savory up from this latest batch.
2. Harvest something- just a few chives.
3. Preserve something- no
4. Waste not- cooked up the huge hubbard from Mom. I had some for lunch today and it was tasty! I'm going to need to freeze some of it for later use since I'm sure we won't eat all of it. We are planning to repurpose the rails from the fence for something around here but we're not sure what yet.
5. Want not- I got my grain mill. Woot! Now we can grind out own grains. That's a definite prep item, especially since it came with the hand crank. Now we can grind our own flour during the zombie apocalypse!
6. Eat the food- Let's see, a grass fed beef roast with veggies and a bottle of local wine last night. This evening we had pasta with a homemade creamy pesto sauce. Mmmm...