Saturday, March 27, 2010

Transplants and fences

Today was a busy day. I managed to get quite a few of my little seedlings transplanted:
I got all of the broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage into their own pots. Once they have stabilized a bit after transplanting, I will start hardening them off with hopes to set them out in the garden soon. Woo Hoo! It's almost April. Almost time for starting the early garden.
J15 and I took out more fence this afternoon. We are going to change the fence line for the garden area. We took out the section just south of the shop and will tie the remaining garden fence to the southwest corner of the shop. I know you can't visualize it- but it is a good thing.
Now, I'm tired. We are planning to watch a movie tonight for family movie night and tomorrow is another busy day. It's Palm Sunday and J15 has to acolyte at church. Then, after lunch, we have the annual CROP walk. I12 is required to walk as part of his confirmation curriculum- But we would probably walk anyway. I've been walking or running these since I was young. I just hope it doesn't rain. It just isn't warm enough yet for a walk in the rain to be enjoyable. I usually end up walking with Sharon who is my friend Roger's wife. (For those of you who don't remember. Roger is my best friend. We've known each other since I was 18 and we shared a garden space for over 10 years until we moved last year and I had a garden space of my own.)
I've also got to clean tomorrow since we are expecting Mike on Monday. Goodness. things are crazy around here.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on getting those seedlings outdoors, first I couldn't wait to start them, now I am tired of them taking up every available horizontal space in my house! Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe April is this coming Thursday! Marched just marched along pretty quick. You've got a lot of seedlings. Hope they grow quickly and can get in the ground soon. Beware of those nasty late frosts. We usually have our last frost late April or first week in May. Good luck on your walk! Hopefully the rain will hold off!!!
    ...debbie

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.