Friday, September 11, 2015

The joys of saving seeds!

Ah, part of the fun in saving seeds is that you never really know what you're gonna get.  
I'm having a not-so-hot year for peppers.  They have been very slow in producing.  So today I finally picked a green bell pepper to use for dinner.  I wanted something to add more pepper but balance out the heat of the jalapeño I was using.  I dice up half and toss it into my recipe and pop a strip from the other half into my mouth.  
Imagine my surprise when I discovered that this pepper had some HEAT!  Still sweet like a bell but with a lovely slow burn.  I'm guessing that it crossed with one of the many, many hot peppers we grow every year.
I think our enchiladas will be a little more spicy than intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.