Saturday, January 30, 2010
Friday, January 29, 2010
Ooo, a chance to win!!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
Independence Days, long overdue
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Recitals and such
Friday, January 22, 2010
Weirdness and a discount
We at Hometown Seeds have been overwhelmed by the help given to us by the online gardening community. From advice on products, tips to improve our website, and links to help increase traffic to our site, we sincerely appreciate all you have done for us.
In appreciation for your help, we would like to offer a 10% discount on all of our products to you and your web community. By entering the coupon code thanks, 10% will be reduced from the total cost of any order. The code will be good through February 28, 2010. Feel free to offer this to your readers and visitors.
So, if you're interested in a 10% discount, check them out. They are NOT 100% heirloom seeds. They do have some hybrids that, if I remember, are clearly marked. But they do not sell genetically modified seeds.
And, I received an award from Yart. I'll post more about it later and select a few recipients. Thanks Yart!!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
When bloggers meet
Sunday, January 17, 2010
And a grand time was had by all!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
A grocery confession
Monday, January 11, 2010
Another night as kitchen assistant
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Of herbs and such
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Making my list...
Monday, January 4, 2010
Friday, January 1, 2010
- Sand North wall in the kitchen and paint
- Finish kitchen island (V's mother sent us a gift card that we are to use for the countertop!)
- Finish work on upstairs bathroom
- Plan and begin construction on deck
- Sort closet and donate clothes to Goodwill
- SELL HOUSE IN TOWN!!!
- Replace septic system (dependent on selling house)
- Complete raised beds (at least 2)
- Construct herb spiral(s)
- Draw master permaculture plan
- Plant apple trees
- Plant apricot and/or cherry trees
- Replant strawberries into raised bed
- Add another blueberry bush or two
- Remove fence between yard and meadow
- Build three bin compost pile
- Once again, get in better shape. This isn't as much about weight as it is about health. While I've always been in pretty good health, my parents both have trouble with blood pressure and the extra weight I'm carrying has been causing mine to creep up. That NEEDS to change.
- Learn a new skill or two. OK, I'll confess- this is the knitting goal again- and this time I'm going to make it happen.
- Complete CEUs. My professional license is due for renewal in June. With the craziness of the last year, I really need to get going to complete all my continuing education for that.
- Spend more quality time with V. We have been so busy and working so hard that it seems like most times we have a chance to sit down on the couch together one or both of us fall asleep. I'd like to have more focus on our relationship. We went through really tough times a few years ago, mainly because we didn't communicate well with each other and I don't want to fall back into old habits.