Let's do the real thing!!
I finished the preliminary stage of the interlace this afternoon.
It's a bit tedious but not really difficult. Good thing I've got plenty of pins!! V caught me talking to myself as I worked through the 'overs' and 'unders' of a line to make sure I had them right.
I'll let it sit for a while and then go back to check it again for errors before I press it into place. I can see in the photos there are some tweaks I want to make. It's really hard to see the problems (a crooked line here, a not smooth curve there) when you've been at it for a few hours. After pressing, I'll stitch it down, add borders and quilt. I'm really pleased with how quickly this is going and I'm happy with how it's looking. With this morning's potholder I did the applique and quilting all in one step since it was small. This will be too big to try that, I believe.
But, wall quilt #1 is well underway. I may even sell this one.
And, don't have a heart attack- I know this is my third post today!