Monday, January 23, 2012

Laughing at myself

LOL!  Sometimes, I just don't stop to think and end up laughing at myself.  Let me explain the latest example.
The weather has been cold, damp and icky lately.  We got snow on Friday and it has been rainy/foggy/freezing all weekend, including today. This morning, it started out just above freezing with rain.  The rain has let up but the temperature has been slowly falling.  So.... it being my day off, I've been puttering around the house this morning, wearing my 'inside' shoes.  You know, those ones that are really, really comfortable but have essentially no tread...  Yeah, those.  Well, I decided that I'd better take the bowl of veggie scraps out to the chickens and let them out for the day.   I head out and realize that it is much icier than it had been earlier when I let the dog out.  Do I turn around to change my footwear?  Of course not, I head on out to the chicken coop.
Now fast forward... chickens fed and let out, eggs collected and now safely in my coat pocket (come on- don't tell me you've never done it!) sliding my way back to the house over glare ice.  Honestly, I don't think that extra tread would have made a difference- but I was definitely laughing at myself!  I'm just glad I didn't slip- what a mess that would have been.

3 comments:

  1. Oh good! I thought I knew EXACTLY where this was going and I was concerned. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Jen, I really thought this was going a very different way. At least the eggs made it to the pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! It was a near thing and I ended up coming into the house laughing so hard that V was giving serious consideration to my sanity.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.