The recent economic down turn has gotten V worried. He is concerned that if things continue to get worse the hospital will make more cuts. While that is always a possibility, I do feel that they would be shooting themselves in the foot to make more cuts in staffing. Of course, no one ever said that hospital administrators always make the best decisions. I'm not too worried. Our division already gave up the new staff we had been promised and are going to be cutting another .2 FTE. That will leave us only 4.05 FTE to cover 5 inpatient units, 2 outpatient programs and outpatient cognitive evaluations. I'm not holding my breath that we will get a raise in July like we usually do but I'm okay with that given the current situation. I may be wrong but I really don't foresee my hours being cut.
But V is worried. He wants to back out of making an offer on this property and just sit tight for a while longer. I'm anxious to move on- we've been 'sitting tight' for too long. We really need time to sit down and talk about this but I've been busy at work and we've been running in the evenings this week. V has been working on freelance stuff. He has a bunch of start up stuff for his brother and has a manuscript to edit for his former employer by Friday as well.
I want to make an appointment to meet with a realtor. A different one than who showed us the house. We will eventually need someone to help us sell this place and we want someone who can help us negotiate on this property- who is more experienced than we are. We know a realtor socially (he is a friend of my brother and we have chatted with him several times at my brother's parties) and I've been trying to talk V into at least going to talk with him. Who knows- he may know of something in our price range that we haven't found. There is another place that we've looked at on line- but it's only 3 acres and it's almost 20 miles from town and the children would be in a different school district unless we wanted to pay for them to remain in this district and provide transportation- that seems a bit much- but the house on that property was built in 1990 rather than 1951 and would be much less work to repair. It does have a bit of the McMansion look about it- it looks like a garage with a house attached-yuck.
I'm going to try to corner V tonight after we get the children to bed. Hopefully we can both stay awake. I think we both slept better last night than we did the night before so we're not dragging our tails quite as much. Sunday night both of us had too much running through our heads about house stuff. I was cataloguing problems and V admitted that he was choosing power tools for different projects in his head (I guess that means he's willing to tackle them)
I really don't want to give up on this one. I know that the economic times are scary but I feel that we're in a much better position than many.
I guess I allowed myself to get my hopes up and I'm worried that it will all fall apart.