Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday harvest

Today at work was LONG!!   I was so busy. I ended up staying almost an hour late to get stuff done and even then didn't get everything done that should have been done.  My student and I were supposed to go over her mid-term evaluation but it just didn't happen.  Fortunately, I've got it done and we will go over it first thing Monday morning so I can fax it back to her clinical coordinator.
After work. I fed the chickens and did a bit of harvesting in the garden.

Not the biggest but the first:
 Mmm, we had it steamed for dinner- just enough for each of us to have a spear.  There are several out there much bigger that are still growing and lots of little ones coming.   How exciting... we've been out of broccoli in the freezer for a while and it's one of our favorite veggies.
And now the kale we had for a salad
With the cool, wet weather we've been having, the kale is going strong.  Still yummy and tasty and not even looking like it's ready to bolt.
The weather forecast for tomorrow isn't looking quite as good as I had hoped.  But I still plan to get up early and get as much weeding done as I can.  My garden is an embarrassment of weeds and that has got to change.
V is writing late tonight, hoping to finish his book soon.  So, tomorrow, I can get up early and get down to business.

4 comments:

  1. Nice harvest:) Our Kale never seems to bolt even when we plant it very early. Its the Lacinato kind.One of our brocolli did though. Sounds like you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..."an embarrassment of weeds..." Is that like a gaggle of geese, a murder of crows, an aarmory of aardvarks, a congregation of alligators ? lol

    I don't really have much problem with kale either, and I plant it every year. It will start getting a little tough around August, if there's any left.

    I need to get out and spray too...but I am hearing the thunder start to roll. Yesterday was beautiful, and I SHOULD have done it then.

    Oh well. lol

    I feel silly this morning. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Akannie- I think it should be. I personally like a preponderance of Hippos, myself. That and a murder of crows...

    Although an embarrassment of weeds may be top on my list... I don't think it's the official term but we came up with it last year.. and it definitely fits.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.