Saturday, June 25, 2011

Guess what??

It's raining again!  Isn't that exciting?!...  umm, no, not really... at least not for me. I had so many things I wanted to get done outside today that it just isn't fair.  Yesterday was an absolutely perfect day weather-wise and I ended up getting stuck late at work.  Grr..  
But, I saw the rain approaching this morning on the radar and got boys up to help me. We did manage to get one of the tasks off my 'master list' done this morning before the rain started.  We weeded the blueberries and put down landscaping fabric and mulch.  I'm not one to use the landscape fabric much but I've been having such a struggle to keep the blueberries weed free that it seemed like a solution. I also nearly finished weeding the herb garden and half the onions.  As you may notice, I'm not one for finishing anything.  I'm way too ADHD in the garden...  I start on something and then notice a REALLY big weed in something else and get distracted.
It looks like the bulk of the rain is going south of us (my parents look like they're getting it again- and they do NOT need more rain!!) so I'm hoping to be able to get out again when it stops raining- or at least tomorrow.
Oh, we did have some excitement this morning.  While the boys and I were out working, we decided to open the chicken door and let the chicks out into the temporary run.  Today, they actually came out!!  Buffy was quite unsure about the whole thing and stayed in the coop much longer than anyone else, but, finally she braved the great outdoors... then when it started raining she was the one I had a hard time getting back in the coop.  Figures.  The little chicks were much more adventurous in exploring the run than the big girls.
Now, since it's still raining, maybe I can get caught up on inside stuff. I hear laundry calling....  and maybe some focaccia.  I've been wanting to try to make some of that.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't this just the craziness of summer time? When have something that must be done outside, it rains. But when there is inside work that can't wait, the day is so beautiful you can hardly stand to be inside. We all really need to clone ourselves for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the weeding. I figure I get distracted so easy because I really hate doing it, so anything else is better. And I bet all that rain is making your weeds grow like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama Pea- if you figure out the cloning business, please do a post about it. I'd love to know how it's done. I think there is enough work for several clones.
    Jane- I get so distractible in the garden. And yes, why is it that the weeds seem to grow faster than the plants they are crowding out?
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.