Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Eat local- day 2

A ghostly experience!
Pasta withGhost pepper/tomato/meat sauce.

The grass-fed beef is from our lovely Amish farmer, pasta from a local bakery, sauce from the garden.  Yes, I know I can make my own pasta but it just wasn't happening today.  And we purchased it from a lovely old Mennonite gentleman at one of the newer farmer's markets in town this afternoon.  One thing I love about this area is that there is a market somewhere nearly every day of the week so if you don't grow it yourself, you can get it from someone who does.

Baking in the oven is tomorrow's entry.  Going with a dessert this time.  But you have to wait....

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to say, your area is sounding better and better!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.