Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Here's the scoop

We have appointments!  I expressed my frustration this afternoon (Ok, I'll confess- maybe I got a bit snippy) when V reported that he hadn't been able to reach anyone at the credit union.  We were having a slow day at work (a total rarity!!) so I had him pick me up half an hour early- since I generally work through my lunch break I took my break at the end of the day.  He still had his paycheck to cash so we went down to the bank, cashed his check and asked about making an appointment with a loan officer.  We have an appointment for tomorrow afternoon at 3.  With that success under our belt V decided that we may as well drive over to the credit union and talk to someone in person.  It turns out that their receptionist was out and we were directed to the teller line for all questions.  While we were in line conversing about the possibility of being able to make an appointment we were approached by a man who turned out to be the branch manager as well as vice president of the entire credit union.  He took us back to his office, got our information, got on his computer and made an appointment for us Friday at 430.  So we can see who will give us the better deal- if anyone will give us a loan at all based solely on my salary.  He seemed impressed when we told him that we don't have a mortgage on our current home, saying that gives us some leverage.  I'm thinking that if we get good news from tomorrow's appointment I'm going to give the realtor a call tomorrow after the appointment.  Things are moving.  EEEK!!

8 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo - good for you! I am so hoping this works for you - this will be a fantastic opportunity!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for you! Not having a mortgage on your current place puts you in a really good place. Sending you good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny that when things get moving it's almost scary? Hope all goes well witht he appointments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you! Positive thoughts for your appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome..
    I hope it works out for you.. Sending good loan vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very exciting - and spring is just around the corner. A perfect time for a fresh start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEY!!! That is wonderful news :-) Especially the hopeful signs from the VP, I hope that you get that news today and take one more step to making your dream your real life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for you!

    Everyone is right, not having a mortgage on your current primary residence puts you in a very fine position. It doesn't just show responsibility (big nowadays) but also that you have assets you can liquidate rather than default.

    Sending you good luck for the loan and can't wait to hear the results.

    Good Job on bucking up for the V :)

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.