Thursday, February 26, 2009

They like me- they really like me!

The appointment at the bank went well.  We have, in our hot little hands, a pre-approval letter for the loan.  I have a call into the real estate agent and am just waiting for a call back.  It was late by the time we made it home so I didn't get a message to him until after 4 this afternoon.  Tomorrow we meet with a loan officer from the credit union so we'll see who will give us the better deal.
J14 is freaking out a bit and to be perfectly honest, so am I.  Things seem to be moving really quickly and while this is something I've been wanting for a long time it's kind of scary that it's actually happening.
In less fun news, we had a meeting with our boss today.  It turns out that we are being asked to cut our budget by $17,000.  Unfortunately, the only thing we really have to cut is staff.  We were essentially given the option of getting rid of our PRN person who helps us out one day a week (she has a full time job as a college professor but is moonlighting with us to keep up her clinical skills) or each of us take one unpaid day per month.  We opted to get rid of our PRN person, as much as we love her, we're all looking at self preservation.  Of the 5 of us permanent employees, 2 are full time (myself and another young lady married to a farmer and they just purchased land), 2 women with small children both working part time (one 80% and one 60% with 8 month old twins) and our final therapist is going through phased retirement and she only has 2 years left before she's gone.  None of us were financially willing to take unpaid leave.  This whole economic situation sucks.  I'm just happy that we may be getting our place in spite of V not working right now.  Having a bit of land will give me a sense of security in uncertain times.  I just hope it all works out.

9 comments:

  1. That is so exciting about the loan! I'm sorry you are going through the cut backs at work. It is very hard to let someone go. Let yourself be excited about getting the new property though :-)
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's aweswome about the loan!!
    Not so great with the work situation though, I'm sorry to hear about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news and bad news. Great news about the bank and yes, once things get rolling they generally do go very fast and that is good.

    I look at it like a bandaid...they rip it off so it gets over quickly. ;)

    Super glad they liked you.

    Very sorry about work. But if the person was just moonlighting to keep a skill set, then that is the obvious choice since it isn't a matter of financial dire need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the loan. I can't wait to hear that you got the property you want. Exciting! That is too bad about work though. So hard to make cutbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so exciting for you (about the land). Not so good on the job but....at least you still have a job, right? This will be wonderful for you!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, I'm so excited for you about the loan! Knowing that things are in motion and the pre-approval letter is in hand, what a relief. You have one solid source, no matter what else happens.
    Sigh on the work budget cuts. It is so hard to make those decisions, especially in the "all for oneself" climate. There is just no "right choice," you know? I hope the land goes through so you can have that feeling of security to get you through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good news! It makes everything very real doesn't it. Be brave, you have waited a long time for this. Will you rent out the current house? Then V's new job is landlord I guess :)
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great news! So exciting.

    Times are indeed scary and hard right now, but we must plow forward despite the pain. You have a plan and you are in a good situation to get your land. It will allow you more freedom to grow your own food and be adaptable to changing times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have my fingers crossed! I can't wait to hear how you will fix up the new place. It's the land that counts. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.