Saturday, June 6, 2009

Reader beware

I'm in a bad mood.  Cranky, crabby and downright B*&^#Y.  No particular reason but feeling overwhelmed and unappreciated.  
1.  No one wanted to go to the concert with me last night and with the number of assaults we've had in our neighborhood recently I wasn't going to go by myself.
2.  It's raining and things I need to get done in the garden can't happen in the rain.  It seems like the weather and my schedule aren't playing nice together.
3.  J and V were both looking for their uniforms this morning before class.  Ok... that particular load of laundry didn't get done this week.  If you're so concerned about having a clean uniform do the flippin' laundry yourself.
4.  No one has been helping with the dishes or vacuuming or much of anything else- at least not voluntarily.  Every time I ask the kids to do something you would think I'm asking them for the moon.
5.  I feel like I'm packing up this house single handed.  I realize that V has been focused on the new house but really, is it too much to ask for other people to pick up a box and pack a few books.  It isn't that hard!
6.  I'm tired.  The dog woke me up at 615 this morning.  And just once, I would like to be the one to lounge in bed.  I'm really tired of always being the first one up.  Is it too much to ask that someone else let the dog out and bring in the paper and let me stay in bed for just a little longer.
7 through 100.  All the other little things that are pissing me off today.  It's just one of those days where everything is setting me off.  The dog threw up on the stairs and K thought it was funny. Yeah... it's one of those days.

Ok.  I just needed to vent a bit.  I already had a bit of a cry this morning.  Now back to packing... the house doesn't pack itself.

I'll try to post some pictures of K's new bike later.  It's a really SWEET bike.

7 comments:

  1. Hoping things get better for you. A good vent and a good cry can be helpful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have days like that too. Things will turn around. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, well it's going to be a full moon tomorrow ~ at least that's what I'm convincing myself is going on... the SAME affliction has hit our house. Hang in there - this too shall pass. {Ya, I'd throw a shoe at me too ~ go ahead ~ I'll duck! } :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can come up here and join me on my "visit my girlyfriends" vacation and drink too much (but laugh REALLY HARD!).
    Sorry you're having a rough spell. It will be over soon, it will be over soon, repeat 100 times,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Judy! You out of anyone deserves to have a rant and a cry! Things will turn around shortly - they have to! We too have had tons of rain - I keep looking at the weeds popping up in my garden but can't get to it through the mud - UGH!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all.
    Sue- drinking too much and laughing a lot sounds great! Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you sister, and don't mind you having a rant at all. Nothing like a good rant to make one feel better. x

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.