Saturday, May 19, 2012

One down....

One to go.

Justine's grad party went well.  There were many, many people here and we had lots of yummy food.  Amazingly enough, even with as many people as were here, we still have lots of food left over.  Mostly raw veggies, cheese and crackers.  Of course, I made sure that there we didn't get anything that we wouldn't eat ourselves.  So, probably tomorrow I'll be blanching and freezing some of the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.  We like veggies but not that many all at once.  And while we've got lots of food left, the thing I had to send V to the store for mid-party was for more stuff to make punch.  We had strawberry lemonade to drink and people couldn't seem to get enough of it.
Of course, some of that food will go tonight.  About 20 of the friends here this afternoon are coming back tonight at 8 for a "private" birthday party.  They were all warned that they would be getting leftovers and were fine with that.  Evidently they were all impressed with the spread I put out.  Justine is baking gluten free cupcakes at the moment for the party.  Her boyfriend is in town for the week from Colorado where he has been living for the last year (school and work) and he is gluten intolerant.  He is one of the reasons we had a wide variety of foods at the party. Not only did we have several people who are gluten intolerant, we had someone lactose intolerant and one of Justine's friends is Muslim (from Egypt) so I made sure to separate anything with pork products.  So, items had little allergy alert/ingredient labels on them.

I'll post some photos tomorrow I just don't feel like taking them off the camera at the moment.  Justine also had her senior violin recital during the reception so everyone got to hear her play duets both with her teacher and with V.

Now, I'm tired.  I've got a bit more cleaning up to do (the kids DO NOT get my good serving dishes tonight!) and then I'm DONE.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful celebration you put on for Justine. Better to have run out of the punch than the foods! No wonder you're tired tonight! (I would be down for the weekend!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had plenty of punch but they kept coming back for seconds, thirds and fourths! Maybe it's because it didn't have any HFCS in it!

      Delete
  2. Seems like everyone's intolerant of something these days, not a good reflection on what our diet & food supply has done to us, is it? Great that the parties went well, I'm sure you need to put your feet up and relax!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're probably right. Of course, we did have a couple of religious customs that we accommodated but I'm all for having everyone be able to enjoy themselves, regardless.

      Delete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.