Thursday, May 24, 2012

Two Misses

Two misses tonight.  First, the line of thunderstorms that was headed our way broke apart and, of course, passed just to the North and South of us. sigh... we could have used some rain.  We have had such dry and windy weather recently that it has been really rough on all my little plants I put out in the garden.
The second miss of the evening- our anniversary.  V and I had planned to go out to dinner but that didn't happen.  He is ill with a stomach bug (probably the one that I14 brought home with him on Monday) and hasn't eaten anything.  Oh well... I was determined to not have to cook so the children and I did Chinese Takeout from our favorite place... mmm, General Tso's Chicken....
Graduation is tomorrow night.  Justine had her last day of high school yesterday.  Today she spent the day doing 'responsible adult' things.  She opened her own independent checking account (she has had a savings account for years), got her 'real' driver's license- not the intermediate one, and had a job interview.    The Travelodge motel just 2.5 miles down the road is hiring- I believe for a front desk position.  She is really hoping for a job so cross your fingers for her.  My little girl is growing up.

11 comments:

  1. Best of luck to J on the job and I hope the Mr. is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's feeling better this morning. We'll celebrate our anniversary another day.

      Delete
  2. The rain keeps missing us too!! We're already saying "drought" and it isn't even June, ugh!

    Congrats to your girl growing up and hoping she gets the job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got just a sprinkle last night. I guess I'll be heading out to water the tomatoes again this morning.

      Delete
  3. Sorry you missed the thunderstorms, sorrry you missed your Anniversary Dinner. Happy Belated Anniversary!! Hope V gets better soon! He's had it far too long!! Happy Graduation to J!! Yes, it seems as if she is growing up!! Kinda sad and kinda exciting...I hope she gets the job! It'd be great being so close to home!! Have a great Graduation and weekend....debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary ,get well to Vi---we got so much ran ,my yard looks like a lake--i don't mean to mention bad things ,but what happened to the mosquitoes anyway-I have not seen a one. HA,they will probably all hatch just in time for Richie's grad party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can send a little of your rain our way. We haven't seen many mosquitos this spring either- I guess that's one bonus of no rain... but my garden needs a little something.

      Delete
  5. We were in drought conditions for so long and now we've had this heavy storm system parked over us and it's been raining since last Monday. In the last 24 hours we've gotten 2-1/2". During the week the grass and weeds have grown approximately 12". Or that's how it looks anyway.

    Hope J gets the job she wants. She's truly entering a new phase of her life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had 7 inches of rain in about 2 weeks in April- them it stopped and we haven't had any measurable rain in weeks. I'm sure my little melon and squash seeds that I planted won't come up until we get some moisture on them.

      Delete
  6. Best of luck to Justine! Hope your hubby is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.