Thursday, October 29, 2009

Road Trip!

I'm off tomorrow for a day trip to my parents farm. I'm really looking forward to this! I get to pick up some wonderful pears (the trees have been huge for longer than I can remember and they are SOOO good) and I get to spend some quality time with my parents. My Mom is working to serve lunch at the community center tomorrow so I'm going to go down early enough to have lunch with Dad while Mom works. This is a fund raising event that rotates through community groups, they take turns making meals on Fridays to serve. Not quite like a senior dining center- but close. My parents live just outside a town of about 250 people so having a social event like this is a big deal for them. I'm hoping to get to see one of my uncles there as well. I'll probably be the youngest person there! But it should be fun.
I'm also looking forward to the drive- as crazy as that sounds. It takes a little less than 90 minutes to get there and for some reason, after the past few weeks, the silent drive time with only my ipod for company sounds great. I could use some decompression. And it will be nice to have some time where I don't have to think about work or house or garden or canning or.... The weather isn't supposed to be great- it's been raining all day, much to the dismay of area farmers- and is likely to continue tomorrow- but it shouldn't be too bad to drive.

Oh, and in case you didn't know- the Phillies won the first game of the World Series last night 6-1. HA!!

4 comments:

  1. I get the driving thing! I am more and more enjoying the silence, turning off the radio. I guess the voices in my head don't want any competition !!
    Have a great visit with the parents!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to have some much needed "Judy-time"...yea!!!
    Enjoy the day.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your drive and your parents! I, too look forward to long drives without the screaming kids in the back, ... although I am sure yours are past the screaming stage LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love driving by myself. I like to drive period! My mom lives an hour and half away and it's a really nice drive. I'm happy for you that you are having a little get away all by yourself and it will be great to see your folks. I really like little towns. Something quite comforting about them. Am glad the phillies won! Drive Safe!!...debbie

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.