Whew! It's been a wild few days. Here are a few stats since Saturday night:
Mice caught in the garage- 6
Percentage of workers on the job today in our department- 50
String concerts attended- 1
And a beautiful concert it was. Last night J15 had her first concert as part of the PSSO (That is the Preucil School String Orchestra). She has taken violin lessons for years at this school (Suzuki method) and this is her first year in the PSSO. As the program last night said "this group is the most advanced of five training orchestras at the School". She has wanted to play with them since she was tiny- mainly because they get to wear a red satin sash:
Modeling her concert dress.
Last night they divided the larger orchestra into several smaller groups and it was a lovely hour of beautiful music. But it meant a crazy night of running here and there.
Tomorrow will also be a bit wild. V will have to take I12 to confirmation (my usual job) since I have a farewell party after work for my coworker who is done at the end of the week.
Being at the concert last night I missed out on posting my usual Monday IDC update. There isn't much to report but here goes:
1. Plant something- No
2. Harvest something- picked some catnip to dry for the kitties.
3. Preserve something- No
4. Waste not- reused concrete blocks from the deck foundation for raised beds. Nothing else of much interest.
5. Want not- got a few chemical glow sticks at an after Halloween sale. Yeah, they're plastic and chemicals- but at 37 cents each they provide a measure of safety for the vehicles and they make great nightlights should we lose power. Stocked up on the store brand of frozen cheese tortellini. I've been trying to get away from prepared foods but these are so good and everyone likes them (they're fabulous with pesto!) and they only take a few minutes to cook. That makes them a great meal for busy nights around here. Since they were on sale this week I picked up a few packages for the freezer.
6. Community food systems- not much here.
7. Eat the food- we've been really bad this week. I was so busy last weekend that I didn't do my normal meal planning so V and I were having to discuss meals in the car while I was waiting for the bus. We were also discussing finances (not pretty at the moment!) and trying to cut even more from the grocery bill than we have been. I need to get more organized and try to plan all our meals based on what we have in stock and try to avoid going to the store except for milk and eggs.
sigh- why can't it ever be easy....
But on a brighter note- V has a job interview on Friday!!! Cross your fingers for him on Friday the 13th!!! And I've decided to throw my hat into the ring for the clinical supervisor position. They started accepting applications for it this week (through the 20th) and hope to have the positions filled and ready to go by the first of the year. If I get it we could definitely use the extra $$. So think positive thoughts for us both on the job front.