Wednesday, September 28, 2011

CHS Homecoming parade 2011

Whew!  What a crazy day!  But we're finally home.  School and work were completed, parade marched or watched and dinner eaten.  Now I'm tired!  But I thought I'd share a few images of the evening.
First, while we waited for the parade to start, V and K11 were wrestling in the grass.
After dropping of I14 at the start, we sat near the end of the parade route for ease of gathering up participants so we had a while to wait before the parade reached us.  Not the best photo below but K11 was finally able to perfect making a whistle out of a blade of grass.
Ah, the joy of being easily amused!
Finally, the parade approached.  Here comes the band:
 I14 is the second one in the row.
 No one we know but a really cool old car!
 For a few string instruments on a hay rack, these guys sounded great!  Let's definitely support the performing arts!!
And almost at the end of the parade. J17 was a purple crayon in the art club group.
All in all, it was a good time.  At least the weather was nice, cool but clear.

And the latest update!  V is going to be interviewed on one of the local news stations in October for his book.  Woo Hoo!  Things are picking up!

6 comments:

  1. Fun time! How exciting about the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone loves a parade! lol

    I love these midwestern parades above all...

    Kudos, V !!!

    Judy, you're family is lovely...have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! There is nothing more fun than a hometown parade! I love the obviously close relationship V and K11 have - how nice to see. And contrats on the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hometown parades are so cool. I'm always so happy to hear that they're still happening. Good news about the radio interview. Hope it sells lots of books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin- we did have fun. And now V is all anxious about this interview.
    Akannie- there were some little children next to us for a while who didn't love the parade. The oldest (probably about 4) was complaining that it was too boring. Really??
    Susan- I am so very happy that all the children have an excellent relationship with their Dad. But he works at it as well. Glad to see that it's evident.
    Mama Pea- I was so sad to hear that my hometown stopped doing the 4th of July parade. It was always my favorite. And the interview is actually on TV! He's worried about what to wear. LOL!!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah the memories it brought back...

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.