Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Beautiful Saturday

It is an absolutely gorgeous day today.  Cool and breezy- just like October should be.  We were hoping to build a bonfire outside and cook over an open fire today but I'm worried that it may be too windy.  At least we had 2.5 inches of rain in the past few days so we don't have to worry about the fire risk of the last few weeks.
It was so lovely this morning.  There I was- out in the garden, picking late summer tomatoes, midmorning coffee in hand, Magnus crowing, hens clucking around, Ticket snuffling in the weeds by the barn (vole hunting)- and it hit me once again how much I really love all of this.  J17 and I laugh with each other on occasion that we were born in the wrong era.  Maybe it's not the era- just that we need to build the life we want, regardless of era.
I took eggs to work yesterday for the three co-workers who were there.  It was fun to see how excited they were about it all.  I've already got two of the three who want to work out a more regular (think $) arrangement for eggs. One of my co-workers doesn't think she has even had a fresh egg in her life and was surprised to learn that eggs are actually somewhat seasonal, since I warned her that we likely won't get as many in the dark days of winter.  So, I was able to do a little 'foodie/locavore' education.  She told me that she was going to serve some of the eggs (I gave her 6) for breakfast this weekend as her boyfriend is coming from Chicago for the weekend.  I encouraged her to take him to the farmer's market to pick up some local bacon to go with them and told her which was my favorite producer there (We've nicknamed her 'the bacon lady' even though she sells much more than just bacon!)  I'll have to check back in next week to see how it went for her.
Now, I've got to get going. I've wasted enough time here this morning.
Have a fabulous weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.