Thursday, October 6, 2011

Busy living life

It's been a bit hectic around here.  Life!  We're living it to the fullest.  Working outside in this glorious weather, work at the hospital for me, parent teacher conferences last night (I14's grades leave something to be desired!), spending quality time together as a family. All these things, and more, are occupying my time.
Collecting eggs:
Seven eggs today!  My collecting basket is an old one that I got from my grandmother when I was younger.  It was a little Easter basket that once had my name on it in glitter glue.  The glitter glue is long gone but the basket, cushioned in the bottom with a bit of an old towel, is the perfect size for collecting eggs. They are colorful enough to look like Easter eggs!
Enjoying the last flowers of summer:
and the turning leaves:
After tomorrow, I've got another three day weekend.  The weather has been fabulous- around 80, sunny and clear.  Saturday we're hoping to put up the gutters on the shop.  These need to be in place  before we can finish the chicken run (or we won't be able to reach the eaves).  So we'll keep working on it. I've got some more tomatoes ripening in the garden- probably not enough to can, but maybe some to freeze.
So much to do, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.