Friday, November 4, 2011

tidbits

A few bits of information that I have gleaned today:
* As of the 5 pm preliminary info on jury duty- I don't have to report on Monday-  Woo Hoo!  I've got too much on my to-do list for the weekend.
* The first of the Winter markets starts tomorrow afternoon.  This is the first year-round farmer's market in town.  How exciting!! The markets will be the first and third Saturdays of the month through April.  The holiday market- with many, many more vendors is next weekend!!
* I've managed to do something to my back and have been having back spasms all evening- to the point where I feel slightly nauseous because my low back hurts so much.  I see some tiger balm and hopefully a massage from my honey in my future.
* The weather should be good for finally putting the roof panels on the chicken run tomorrow- or for working on the second retaining wall by the back door- or for doing the final clean out of the garden- none of which will be fun with a bum back.
* K11 is asking if I can bake bread this weekend-  Woot!  A victory of sorts- wanting homemade bread.
* I figured out how to get my apron pattern out of the two pieces of coordinating fabric I've got- not exactly easy but do-able.

Tomorrow is another day.  I need to get some sleep and try to relax my back.  I can't even figure out what I did- that's the most frustrating part- I didn't do anything!!

4 comments:

  1. Judy--I just went through that back thing a few weeks ago. I feel your pain!!!! It seems mostly gone now, but I'm careful.

    Started freezing turnip greens today. There's a job for ya.

    Just wanted to stop in and say howdy. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy
    I hope you back is better. Home made bread requests are lovely! And its great to hear that you don't have to report to jury duty. I am always stuck there while plea bargains are being stuck. Pisses me off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Akannie- glad to hear your back is better. I spent some time with a heating pad in the middle of the night. Turnip greens sound great. Mmm...
    Linda- I still have to do the 'official' call in on Sunday evening but I'm guessing that things won't change for jury duty. It might be interesting if I got a trial but I can see myself being really frustrated with wasted time if I had to sit through lots of jury selection time and NOT get picked.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My back is slowly recovering from two long, long days of making applesauce. (How's that for a pansy way to cause back pain?) It was my own fault for stressing myself to get it all done in two days.

    (Can you use severe back spasms as an excuse for getting out of jury duty if you have to?)

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.