Today is the last day of my week vacation. Tomorrow I go back to work. I got a lot accomplished during this week but I also took time to play as well. I even got a few things done that weren't on my to-do list. The only thing I didn't accomplish is organizing my seed starting stuff. But, since I've still got weeks and weeks before I can start any seeds I don't really mind. It feels great to have gotten lots of other stuff done.
What did I accomplish last week? Let's see... here are some highlights:
- Made and froze waffles for the children for school day breakfasts
- Nearly finished V's victorian shirt (done except for buttonholes and hemming)
- Took a nap!
- Reorganized my sewing area.
- Played with my new serger.
- Sorted seeds
- Placed seed order
- Sorted stacks of papers on my desk and organized that.
- Did mountains of laundry
- Cleared the refrigerator of 'jars with just a little bit that no one will eat that have been there forever'
- Organized the pantry (empty jars downstairs, full jars up)
- Read a book!
- Played games with my family
- Took a box of old children's clothing to donate
- Sorted through old video tapes
- Baked beer bread and sweet potato biscuits
- Watched a couple of movies
- Ran some errands
- Packaged some 'bean bundles' of pre-diced ham and bacon since I discovered that BOTH boys not only ate but LIKED the black eyed peas I made for New Year's that had both ham and bacon (and hot peppers and other goodness). I was slicing up a ham anyway and used the end bits for beans.
- Raked the chicken coop bedding and added some fresh.
- Helped V fix the clean out door of the coop.
- Cooked delicious, real food
- Laughed a lot
- Snuggled my honey
- Sorted and organized fabric
- Played with the cats and dog
- Lit candles
- Drank some wine
- Enjoyed the 100% complete upstairs bath!!!!
- Purchased some local, organic produce (still going strong with the mild weather we've had)
- Mourned my kale that the deer devastated
- Watched a sunset.
- Had a deep conversation with my teenage son
- Enjoyed the warm weather outside
I hope this week is as fulfilling, not only for me, but for you all as well.
Wow, that's a lott'a stuff in one weekend! But seems like it was a great one!ReplyDelete
Oh, My! That was the entire week of my vacation. I'm NOT superwoman!!ReplyDelete
My goodness!! You really did a whole lot of stuff on your vacation. But...what was your favorite thing you did??? ...debbieReplyDelete
I love that you added took a nap - yet how sad that we have to add things like that as a goal or consider them an accomplishment.ReplyDelete
Just found your blog, and I have enjoyed reading it. I like to see what other people do with garden items, sewing, bees, chickens, etc.. Hope your work week is going well although I know the list of what I can do at home is going through your mind!ReplyDelete
Debbie- Hmm, my favorite?? While not all of it was fun it was all my favorite. I do so love being home and doing homey things. Not that I don't love my job but I love being home more.ReplyDelete
dogsmom- Thanks for stopping in and leaving a comment. I'm not sure the nap was a goal or an accomplishment but it is a rarity for me. I mostly wanted to highlight that, not only was I productive, I also took time to relax.
Ulrike- Welcome! Glad to 'meet' you. Work was so busy today that I didn't have time to think about home. But, yes, my thoughts often drift to my 'to do' list.
Looks like you were able to get some fun things done too, all too often we clean too much on vacation. The Victorian Shirt had me laughing, I must have missed that plan... first a smoking jacket and now this? Maybe you should become a romance writer and use him for a cover model !! :)ReplyDelete
I think you NEED to go back to work. You work much too hard when you're home on vacation! ;o}ReplyDelete
Erin- I'm not sure if I really talked much about it here. I'll post pictures when it's finished. And I purposely tried to intersperse fun things with the 'need to get done' things.ReplyDelete
Mama Pea- I did fun stuff too! And who's to talk about doing too much you wonder woman you...
Hmmm... now where did I put that bustier and my magic lasso....