More bleeding hearts discovered- white ones this time!
V again spent the afternoon out at the homestead. He had an editing job to do this morning (he'll finish it tomorrow morning) and had to meet the guy from the heating/air conditioning people in the afternoon. They got the air conditioner unit moved so we can begin the work on the well. Next, we need to somehow remove the 6 inch thick concrete slab that sits over the well pit (the air conditioner was sitting on this) so the well guys can extend the well head and shock the well so we can drink the water. After the well, comes the septic system. Things are moving, although seemingly slowly on this front.
V spent much of his afternoon demolishing the basement. There are only a few walls left. The ceiling tiles in the bathroom were quite nasty, as were many things.
An open expanse- the west third of the basement.
You can see in the distance one of the many sinks. There is another, identical sink about 6 feet to the right of that one and the plumbing for another one in another part of the basement (they took the utility sink with them- of course- grrr). One sink down here will remain- an extra sink isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially in what will likely be a craft/work area. The other will be moved up into the upstairs bathroom- which is HIDEOUS!!! I'll have to post a picture of the upstairs bath sometime. It is entirely paneled in dark wood (walls, floor, ceiling) with only one small (North) window that looks out on the side of the garage- it is dark and claustrophobic.
Off to the right is the gutted darkroom, ground zero of mouseland.
Some of the framing will remain for these walls. In fact, the wall you see here will be one of the walls for J14's room, in the corner (ahead, right) will be my sewing/guest bedroom.
It didn't rain today. I checked the garden. It is wet but not WET so I'm hoping that if it holds off raining tomorrow as well, maybe I can till one more time tomorrow late afternoon or evening. But, we're forecast for more rain tomorrow night, Thursday and Friday. We already had 2+ inches- enough already! I want to garden!!!
But one nice thing...after a few small repairs and actually connecting the downspouts to take the water away from the house (what a concept!)- even with 2 inches of rain Sunday night- we didn't have water in the basement Monday morning! YEAH!!!
I'm feeling a bit more in control than I did over the weekend. We're getting the new schedule down pretty quickly. And coming home to the 'town house' helps with meals and homework for the kids.
Oh, and my fingerling potatoes arrived today. Certified organic seed potatoes! Woo-Hoo! Now if I just had somewhere to put them....