Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New sprouts

I've got broccoli, cabbage, kale and cauliflower seedlings popping their tiny heads up.  Hurrah!  I was a bit worried that they would take a while to sprout since they are in the back room in the addition and it's pretty cool back there.  I'll definitely have to set up my heating cables when I start the tomatoes and peppers.   So far, the kale is the slowest to germinate- only one tiny sprout showing- and the broccoli is the best with 8 tiny seedlings already up.
The week has been flying by and I have so much to do.  Last night we had J16's final orchestra concert so I didn't get much done and this evening, I went with J16 to her violin lesson since V is  having dinner with a friend to talk about his book project and bounce some ideas off him, so again, I didn't get much kitchen packing done.  I've still got the spices to pack up, all the liquidy stuff (honey, molasses, various hot sauces, etc), the staples (flours, sugars, rice and such) and the stuff from under the sink.  There are a few baking things left, as well as the pots and pans we're still using and all my mixing bowls.  I'm really not doing that bad on packing up but I feel behind.  Tomorrow will be a wash as well since I need to take I13 to church for confirmation.  That only leaves Thursday evening to finish up.  At least there is nothing on the schedule for Thursday night... yet....

3 comments:

  1. You're way ahead of me. I just sowed cauliflower today. I have to get sowing on broccoli and brussel sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy! And packing the kitchen? LOL you would shudder to see what my mode of operation was... I had stuff just willy nilly all over the living room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had time to grow garden, but between travel for work, and travel between Missouri and Iowa to see the Boy there isn't much time to spare. p.s. I think the Teddy Bear cake is cute idea.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.