Sunday, August 21, 2011

Another layer!!

Buffy joined the ranks of laying hens (well, pullets) today.  So now we have two layers!  Woo Hoo!  Micah has given us 8 eggs in the 12 days since she started laying. So Buffy's contribution today brings us up to 9 eggs.  I don't think Eddie will be far behind, she is looking quite red in the face.  Claudia's wattles don't seem quite as red as the other 'big girls' yet so I think she will be last of the original fab 4.  Of the little girls, I think it will be Zoe (our other barred rock) who will be first.  But... I could be wrong.  They still have a few weeks to go.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for Buffy!! I bet your excited! I would be! Pretty soon you'll be baking up a storm trying to use up the eggs!! Are you going to sell them? I love fresh eggs. I like hearing about your chickens. It's fun reading!!...debbie

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.