Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thanks!

Thanks to all of you for listening to me whine and for your great comments.  My MIL will be heading out early tomorrow morning.  She will be taking a few things out to Justine for us.
Justine decided early on that her mattress is pretty uncomfortable and wanted a waffle pad for it.  I'm sure they are less expensive to get here than in Philly.  She also requested two more of her pillows.  One for the bed and one for her desk chair which evidently doesn't provide as much back support as she would like.  I also tucked a jar of peach jam- dubbed Gelatinous Yum by the children into her stuff along with her travel mug which she forgot in the car when she unloaded things.  She appears to be settling in well.  I haven't heard from her at all today- a first.  She has been in orientation so far and classes actually start tomorrow.
I managed to get 7 pints of enchilada sauce canned this evening between running I15 around to band practice, picking up prescriptions and getting a few last school supplies for the boys (those upper grade teachers don't tell you what you need until you start class).  Not bad for a Wednesday.
I've noticed I've been much more irritable than usual the past few days- I'm sure it is just my pent up stress and frustration.  Hopefully things will calm down soon and we can figure out our "new normal" routine for the school year.

Thanks again for all your support.  Tomorrow night I will sleep very well.

10 comments:

  1. Like Rosanne Rosannadana said "it's always somethin" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just need your house back. No matter who the house guest is, it always drains the homeowner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. I agree. The hardest part is that V doesn't seem to understand how much I feel that my privacy has been violated. I mean, OMG, she went into our bedroom and rearranged my shoes!

      Delete
  3. Getting back into the school routine after summer break is always a bumpy ride, but pretty soon you'll be all in sync. And HURRAY to getting your house back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, except for the MIL issues, the back to school transition has gone fairly painlessly.

      Delete
  4. we did a long thing of community service that day, so i was pretty beat, and then one of the girls put the Hunger Games on in the penthouse, so i went and watched that :P relax mommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's so fabulous that you ladies are doing community service. How cool is that! So, are you going to start up your blog again so everyone can keep track of you??

      Delete
    2. Not a text blog. Remember how me and Lindsey are gonna do the vlog? We haven't gotten it set up since we have been so exhausted but we should have a post up soon

      Delete
  5. Hope you have had some peaceful days getting back to a new normal!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.