Friday, October 15, 2010

We knew this day was coming...

Our new couch for the basement will be delivered on the 29th. Ack! We still don't have drywall or flooring in the room -although all the walls are framed and one set of bookshelves is in. It looks like a hard two weeks of work ahead of us. We will be picking up the flooring this weekend. We have chosen to use bamboo rather than a hardwood laminate. Then, we will be spending some quality time as a family hanging drywall. Oh, the fun we have together. At least now we have a definite target date to get the room finished. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

In other events, the final installment of my order of day lilies arrived today so I'll be planting tomorrow. Now, I'm just waiting on the male Kiwi. Who knows. I may have to send them a message asking about it. J16 is also planning to send them a message. We ordered her blue climbing rose last spring and planted it soon after we bought the house. Last year it set buds right before the first frost and even though it has grown tremendously this year (all the way to the porch roof!) we still have had no flowers. How odd. The rose I planted this year is doing really well and still blooming.
We have also had some sad news here. The mother of one of J16's good friends died suddenly on Monday. She was only a few months older than I am. J16 and some of her other friends are planning to attend the funeral tomorrow morning to support their friend. Sometimes, things like this make me realize what a great kid we've managed to raise. It also makes me realize that we never really know what's going to happen and to make sure we make the most of life and make sure the ones we love know it.
Enough waxing philosophical- I gotta get the pizza out of the oven.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure our climbing rose flowered much the first year we planted it. Like J16's though, it really grew. It flowered more the next year though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "quality family time hanging drywall".... ROFL!

    Sorry to hear about that untimely passing, so nice that your daughter is there to support her friend, she will need it in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy,

    Good for you for choosing bamboo over laminate. The chemicals and offgasing of laminate is bad stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.