Thursday, January 27, 2011

Orders are in

I finalized my lists and ordered my seeds this evening. I ordered from Baker Creek and Cook's Garden A few new things... but I'll keep you guessing until planting time ;-)
Not much going on here.  We have entered the mid-winter doldrums.  Blah.
The weather has been cold and kind of dank but not much snow- not like folks in the eastern US.
Justine and I started belly dancing classes again.  This time on Sunday afternoons (much better since she has driver's ed on Thursdays)  We are taking the level one class- like we did last time- and- get this- the instructor asked us both if we would like to take the level 2 class as well.  She seems to think that we're up for it.  The level 2 choreography is quite challenging.  I'm definitely going to have to practice!  There will be a recital in April for us to 'strut our stuff'.
I13 is working on selecting his classes for his freshman year of High school.  Ack!  That just drives home that J16 will be a senior!!!!  I don't know if I'm ready for that one.  She brought home the information about registering for the ACT in April and has started to bring home college financial aid packets as well.  She is looking at schools in Minneapolis, Boston and in Pennsylvania (Kutztown University- where V's sister is a professor).  Nowhere close to home.
Our friend Mike will be coming up to visit from Missouri sometime in the next month or so. He has told V that he will bring along his laser transit/level for us to use when installing cabinets.  Of course- after using one, V will probably want one of his own.  Men and their toys.
It seems to me that there was something else I was going to say but now it totally escapes me.  Oh well, it must have not been that important.

5 comments:

  1. Belly dance - that sounds scary.. But I'm probably the least coordinated person I know.

    I just signed up for a community garden plot, because our house is so small. We will see how that goes - I"ve been meaning to do it for awhile but your excitement over your garden is very much the reason why I've actually taken the plunge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for the garden plot. You will have to pay attention to the 'days to maturation' of the plants you select as far North as you are. I look forward to seeing what you plant.
    And belly dancing isn't really as bad as it sounds... and I find it hard to believe that you're uncoordinated.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember all the stuff my kids brought home for colleges...it's exciting for them. We are finishing up with college now with our kids...Kim is interning this semester and then goes back for a semester this fall...then she is done...no more moving,,,yea.

    I hear you on the winter blues and the yukky weather..

    I am in the planning stages of planning..This weekend I will go through the garden catalogs and order...soon we will be working in the gardens..can't come soon enough for me...

    Belly dancing sounds exciting for you to...

    Have a great day..Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what are the chances that you are going to post a video of your belly dance recital? :) Congrats on getting the order done, I should have good things in the mail today according to the tracking numbers, I'll have to take a photo the minute they arrive! Can't wait to see the varieties you'll be trying this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin- HA HA HA HA!!!! Not on your life!! Not unless we get very good by April would I post a video of the Belly Dance recital. We are also set to perform at the university's Cultural Diversity Festival sometime this spring as well. EEEK. Belly dancing in class is fun but I'm not sure I'm cut out for the performance thing....
    J

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.