Thursday, January 20, 2011

Still plugging along

Whew!  Where has the week gone! It has sure been busy here.  We've finalized the kitchen designs and will go tomorrow to order our cabinets. EEK!  I'm hoping it will look as good in real life as it does in my imagination!  After we order, we will have about 4 weeks wait for the cabinets.  That should give us plenty of time since we plan installation in mid March.  I'm not sure what is happening with the counters yet- that isn't my assignment! LOL!  Those may end up being the most expensive part of the kitchen- possibly even more than the cabinets- we'll see.  We will be getting three separate custom counters: one for the main L of the kitchen, one for the island and we are building a separate small bar area on the North wall. It should look great when we're finished.  But, we have to get there first.
I've got tomorrow off since I worked last weekend.  But it won't be a day of rest.  In addition to getting the cabinets squared away, I've got to straighten up the place a bit for the sledding party that we will be hosting on Saturday afternoon.  I've got to make sure I've got enough apple cider and hot cocoa and probably will bake some cookies.  It's supposed to be COLD here tomorrow through the weekend.  Hopefully it won't be too windy so we can build a bonfire outside to warm little sledders (and bigger parents).
If you're in the area- stop by on Saturday afternoon (1-4) for some good sledding, good food and warm drinks.  I might even let you sit on my new couch.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. Would love to come if I could. I love to sled ride and the hot cocoa is even better and I'd be sure and dry off before I sat on your new couch!!! Promise! ...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sledding party, how fun! I can't wait to see your kitchen develop, you will have a blast in your new space come canning season!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.