Saturday, July 9, 2011

A slower day

Happy Saturday, everyone.  Today was a slower day for me. I woke up not feeling quite well.  Not BAD but just not well.  I didn't sleep well because the animals didn't sleep well last night.  I wonder if it's because not everyone is home.  I had a bit of a headache and my stomach was upset most of the morning.  I may have been a bit dehydrated, even though I tried to keep well hydrated all day yesterday.  I was up early but went back to bed after letting the dog out and slept until almost 9.
I didn't get the early start I wanted, but it was a lovely day,  hot but not as humid and with a nice breeze.  I did get my vining crops weeded this morning.  Then I took a bit of a nap while I cooled off.  Later in the afternoon, I got the goth garden mulched and did a bit of mowing.  For some reason, the lawn tractor is refusing to start.  I put the rest of the gas from the can into the tank, thinking it was out but it still wouldn't start.  Who knows.  I did use the push mower to get a bit more done until I ran out of gas.
Then, this evening, I did something I thought I wouldn't have to do this year.  I actually watered the garden.  For all the rain we had a month ago, it has been really dry lately.  All the showers that have come through have missed us and things are starting to look a bit stressed, especially the cucumbers.
I also planted my freebie marigolds.  I had thought to put them in the garden but I ended up putting them along the south side of the house.
Inside the house today, dishes and kitchen clean up, a bit of laundry and packaging up the dried strawberries. but not much else.
So, like I said, a slower day.  I took it pretty easy and made sure to drink plenty of fluids.  Tomorrow, I14 has to accolyte in church,  I'm not sure if we will all go or if I'll do a drive-by.  If I can manage to get up early enough, I can get a few things done outside, take a shower and still have him there by 10.  We'll see what happens.
And just so you don't think I'm all work and no play- we are trying to pick a time to go see the new Transformers movie.  Should be fun.  I haven't been to see a movie in a theatre for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. all the kids went the other day to the transformer movie-of coarse it was extra to see it in 4d or whatever,than after you paid more you get the glasses to view the movie with. all the boys had a good time.I am sure you and the kids will too. your not seeing it alone are you,its so much more fun going in a group---so I hear,I literally can't remember the last time i went,maybe it was a drive-in when my kids where little.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.