Wednesday, August 3, 2011

B is for...

BROWN-EYED GIRL.  That's me.  I remember as a child being so embarrassed when people would comment about my eyes.  I also used to have brown hair... now it is a bit silvered.
BEE FRIEND- I've been quite conscious over the two years we've been here to add bee friendly flowers.
I'm also quite cautious about mowing- or not mowing- the meadow to encourage the wildflowers to grow.  I've got a birdbath in the herb/flower garden mostly for the bees.  Next spring we'll add honeybees to our menagerie.
BRAT.  Ok, I'll admit it, I can be a bit difficult at times.  I can be stubborn and willful and I don't always respond well to redirection.
BAKER.  I love to bake.  Bread is one of my favorites. No bread machine for me, I like to get my hands into it.
BARGAIN SHOPPER.  I love getting the deals. I am a very careful shopper and am always on the lookout for bargains.  Not that I will buy something just because it is a good deal, it actually has to be something I can use.  I'm also pleased that J17 has become a pretty good bargain shopper as well, not taken aback by looking at the clearance racks when looking for back to school clothes.

7 comments:

  1. Something we didn't know about bird baths and bees when we got our hives was that bees can drown! Remember to add wine corks to the bath as landing pads!

    I'm brown eyed to. Remember that song? Brown Eyed Girl? Love it now, but used to be embarrassed when peopke sang it to me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda- amazingly enough, that is one thing I DID know about bees! I made sure to put the corks in first time we filled it.
    And that song... yup. know the feeling.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost picked Bee Lover for my list, looooooove bees, and beneficials in the garden really. And a little brattiness never hurt anyone. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a grand "B" day!! very fun!!...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the alphabet challenge. I will now think of you every time I hear that song :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo is this something I can join in with? Do I have to post a letter a day from 1st Aug?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bargain shopper, oh, me too! I hope to get even better at it this year :)

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.