Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tomato fun

I've got two tomato related announcements this evening.
First, I managed to can six quarts of tomato sauce this evening.  Woot!!  And I was worried I wouldn't get anything this year.  Now I've got some pints of diced tomatoes from last week and now some sauce.
Second- I got an email at work this afternoon.  It seems that there is going to be a 'tomato tasting' at work on Friday.  There are enough gardeners excited about their tomatoes that someone has planned a taste and compare session over lunch.  I'll have to take a few different tomatoes to share.  It should be fun.
In non tomato news...  we had another two eggs this afternoon.  I went out after work and Buffy and Micah were sharing the nest box. Eddie was also quite interested in what they were doing and trying to join them so I don't think it will be long before she joins the fun.
And at work today I officially signed and approved the change of status for my job.  I am now, as of Sept 1, only employed 90%.  Soon....

4 comments:

  1. You're gonna love 90%, those two days a month make all the difference. I'm on 90% at the U and between my and my husband's schedule our son gets nearly a whole week of mommy/daddy time every other week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ireally like the idea of a tomato tasting day!! What a great idea!! Will take the guessing about what tomatoes you want to grow next year!! Congrats on the official 90% work week! ...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomato tasting sounds fun! Congrats on that canning, I know you were worried there wouldn't be any, so this is great news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how happy you must be to have more time to enjoy life. Congrats on that.
    The tlmto tsting sounds awesome! Good thing you grew heirlooms!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.