Friday, August 5, 2011

Lift off!

The Atlas V carrying Juno lifts off.Image above: An Atlas V rocket with NASA's Juno spacecraft lifts off from Space Launch Complex 41 of the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. Photo credit: Pat Corkery, United Launch Alliance


I am so jealous of my family.  Not my immediate family here at home, but my parents, sister, brother, niece and nephew  who were able to go see the launch of Juno first hand.  Oh, I'm not jealous of them having to sit through the launch delays but getting to see a launch first hand from the official viewing stands would be something else.   I was able to see one of the Apollo launches live when I was a child.  It was totally awesome!!  I can just hope that there will be more launch invitations in my future. It was disappointing that we couldn't go to this one.
My brother was/is an engineer on one of the instrument packages on the Juno satellite.  A mission to  Jupiter.  How cool is that.
In other news, my student finished her clinical rotation today... another lift off of sorts.  I wish her well.

1 comment:

  1. I think that would be sooo awesome!! Being able to see and hear and feel that huge Roar, as it soars into the heavens!! I think I'd be jealous too! ...debbie

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.