Thursday, October 9, 2008

No good news

Ugh.  The economic news just keeps getting worse and worse.  I called my friend Roger, who lets me share his garden.  He didn't answer initially, but called back later, telling me that they had been at the grocery store stocking up.  We talked about gleaning the last bits we could from the garden.  Even though I already have 9 pints of salsa, maybe I'll make a few more...hmmm.    

But what I really need to work on is apples.  In years past when my parents have brought us an overabundance of apples (or other produce), many of them have ended up in the compost pile because I don't have a cool storage area to keep them fresh and don't have that much room in my fridge.  This year, I think I'm going to make an effort to not be so wasteful.  Every apple saved is like money in the bank.  I guess the dehydrator will be going all weekend.  I'd better sharpen my knife.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped in. I would love to hear from you.